April 21, 2018
Selling pre ipo shares of Lava International Ltd
Please find details of a unique unlisted Indian manufacturing company with 34 % revenue from Global Sales.
Shares are in Demat form. Face Value is 10.
Lava International Limited:
Lava International Limited is one of the leading Indian multi-national companies in the mobile handset industry today. Since inception in 2009, the Lava family has grown to over 15,000 people and become one of the fastest growing handset companies in India.
1. Operationally profitable since 2009. Capex and growth initiatives funded through internal accruals since inception. 8.5 crores+ mobile handsets sold in last 5 years.
2. More than 34 % of revenue comes from global sales. 4th largest in India, 2nd largest in Thailand, 3rd largest in Sri Lanka,5th largest in Bangladesh. International markets clear focus for future growth of the company.
3. Venturing into manufacturing/assembly of affordable consumer durables ( Tv sets, Refrigerators, washing machines, Acs etc..).
4. Targeting the masses with products priced under INR 10K. According to latest IDC and import data Lava's market share in the 3k-5k smartphone category is at 23 %.
5. Robust Financial performance. Lava’s sales grew at CAGR of 93% (FY12-‐16). EBITDA & PAT grew at 122% & 211% CAGR respectively between FY12-16. ROCE of 22.4%, ROE of 20 %, Debt/Equity--0.25. Annual sales of 8700 crs in Fy19 (P).
6. Zero credit risk globally-Backed by cash & carry model in India, International sales are risk insured or LC based.
7. 1200+ Active distributors, 1.5 lakh+ active retailers, 2 manufacturing facilities in India, setting up 2 more plants.
8. Highly Experienced Leadership Team and Fully Developed Organisation Structure. Mr. Hari Om Rai ( Promoter of Lava) is also a Co-‐Chairman
of the Task Force for Make in India, constituted by Ministry of Telecom, Electronics and IT, Government of India.
9. Consistent increase in
credit rating to CARE A (Long term) and CARE A1 (short term) from same rating agency.
10. In December 2017 Lava Raised @ 187 crs from a chinese institutional investor, Tsinghua Unigroup. Tsinghua Unigroup is a 51% owned subsidiary of Tsinghua Holdings which has interests in consumer electronics, energy, software outsourcing, PC manufacturing, LEDs, fabless semiconductor manufacturing etc. The Company was founded in 1988 and is China’s largest chip design company and Top 3 player in the world.
11. Lava launched India’s first ‘Designed in India’ mobile phone, " PRIME X". Priced at Rs. 1499, PRIME X is the slimmest phone in its category yet, with an incredible battery standby time of 17 days. The phone also comes with a 2-year replacement warranty, thereby demonstrating the confidence LAVA has in its product quality, which is backed by robust investments in Research & Development and Product Manufacturing.
Bhushan . M. Fhuse.
Founder & Managing Director.
Opulent Ideas. www.opulentideas.in
Soham Capital.BMF Advisors.
------- +91 7021855635.
Blog Disclaimer : No Connection and No Responsibility